- Identifying strengths/needs (using standardized assessment tools)
- Developing comprehensive plans to address needs
- Developing Recreation and Leisure plan
- Providing counselling/support regarding emotional needs of client
- Engage in activities with client to establish a trusting relationship, improve skills, provide opportunities for success
- To have Fun!
Activities may vary depending upon the age and abilities of the client, the weather and time of year, and the interests of the client. Activities utilized may include for example:
- Leisure education; individual and group
- Fly Fishing, fly tying, “regular fishing”
- Going on hikes, nature walks
- Stream bank exploration, looking for and identifying insects & “critters”
- Going to the park and playing catch, or playing on the swings etc.
- Utilizing art and play therapy techniques to assist clients to express emotions and feelings
- Archery, swimming, skating and many other possible recreation activities.